Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Honey I'm Home!!

Back in Kingston now after a very nice holiday in England. I spent a week in the Lake District, and area in the north of England, walking and sampling local brews from pubs. We did a lot of walking (the British term for hiking) over hill and dale, through bog land and sheep poo to reach the highest peaks in England (just under 1000m) and admire the very interesting interior aspects of an ever-present cloud.
Seeing as we would cover approx 8 miles on our daily walk lasting between 4-6 hours, I took the week off from running. I did get in 3 runs, each just 40 mins easy for about 6 miles....just to keep myself ticking over for this coming weekend and also to give my sister some moral support on her own runs.
This coming weekend in the final event of the 2010 summer track season: the Athletics Ontario Championships. These are hosted by Laurentian University in Sudbury, which is proving to be a rather difficult place for me to get to. There is a bus that I can get up there, but no bus that leaves at a reasonable time from Sudbury....unless I want to stay an extra night. If anyone knows anyone who is heading up for the event....please get in touch with me!

I'm not sure what Kev has planned for me to prep for this event, but will most likely be some light workouts on the track to sharpen up. He likes to keep me guessing but I'll see him tonight and will find out then. He mentioned that taking a week off like I did will only be helpful for me: i won't lose any fitness and it will rest my hamstring and legs....so I might surprise myself on the weekend. Fingers crossed!

In other news...I have added an extra page to this blog. You will find it below the monstrosity of the picture of me (note to self: downsize it!), and it is entitled: Videos. For your viewing ease and pleasure I have complied videos (or links)of all of my races that I have been able to find on the internet. Enjoy!

That's all for now. It's lunchtime. Speak soon!

Be Easy.

1 comment:

  1. A day climbing Langdale Pikes (IIRC) followed by a brew in the Dungeon Ghyll would be heaven right now!

    BTW how come all the other racers (based on CBC's interviews of other racers)are racing in Europe and you are in Sudbury? Who have you upset?

    ReplyDelete